During production inspection, also known as DUPRO, is a type of quality control inspection that takes place during the manufacturing process of a product. It is conducted when a certain percentage of the production process has been completed and aims to identify any potential issues or defects that could affect the final product.
What is a during-production (DUPRO) inspection?
DUPRO (During production inspection) is a quality control inspection that occurs while production is underway, usually when 20-80% of the production is completed and packed for shipping. Its purpose is to check that the factory follows the original specifications correctly and that the output is still on schedule. DUPRO (During production inspection) can also help to detect and correct any issues or defects that could affect the quality or delivery of the products.
Why perform a DUPRO inspection?
DUPRO inspection is an essential part of ensuring product quality and timely delivery. By identifying any issues or defects early in the manufacturing process, corrective actions can be taken to prevent any further problems from arising. This can save time and money and prevent the need for costly rework or product recalls.
What are the steps to perform DUPRO at VIS?
At VIS, DUPRO inspections follow a strict protocol to ensure consistency and accuracy. The steps involved in performing a DUPRO inspection include the following:
- Confirm the production timeline and schedule with the supplier
- Verify that the products are being manufactured according to the original specifications
- Inspect the products for any possible defects
- Check the packing and packaging of the products
- Verify that the products are being manufactured according to the agreed-upon quality standards
- Generate a detailed report outlining any issues or defects found during the inspection
What is on a DUPRO checklist?
A DUPRO checklist typically includes the following items:
- Production status: Check the progress and capacity and whether the production schedule is on track.
- Product specifications: Verify that the products are being manufactured according to the original specifications, such as size, colour, weight, material, and design.
- Product quality: Inspect the products for any defects, such as functional, aesthetic, performance, or safety issues.
- Packing and packaging: Check the packing and packaging of the products, including unit packing, inner packing, outer packing, and export cartons.
- Compliance with quality standards: Verify that the products are manufactured according to the agreed-upon quality standards.
Why should you partner with VIS for a DUPRO?
Partnering with VIS for DUPRO inspections can offer many benefits, such as:
- Access to experienced and highly trained inspectors with a deep understanding of manufacturing processes and quality control
- A streamlined inspection process that adheres to international standards and protocols
- Detailed reports outlining any issues or defects found during the inspection, including photographic evidence
- Customizable inspection solutions tailored to meet the specific needs of your business and product
- Peace of mind knowing that your products are being manufactured to the highest quality standards and will meet the expectations of your customers
DUPRO (During production inspection) is essential in ensuring product quality and timely delivery. Inspections during manufacturing can identify and address potential issues or defects before they affect the final product. Partnering with a reputable inspection company like VIS can offer many benefits and provide peace of mind that your products are being manufactured to the highest quality standards.
Our inspection services include: