The ICT Mark plays a crucial role in Vietnam as a certification program that ensures the quality and compliance of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) products. Regulated by the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC), this certification is mandatory for manufacturers and importers who wish to enter the Vietnamese market. It signifies the commitment to meet the country’s standards and regulations, assuring consumers of reliable and trustworthy ICT products.
Regulations of MIC Vietnam on Vietnam ICT Mark
To access the Vietnamese market, manufacturers and importers of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) products must comply with the Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC) regulations. This involves undergoing ICT testing and approval and being registered with the MIC. The testing is conducted in designated local or recognized laboratories in partner countries, as listed on the MIC Vietnam website.
To be eligible for the ICT mark and to be sold in Vietnam, products must meet the EMC, Safety, and Radio requirements specified in circular 11/2020/TT-BTTTT, which outlines the Vietnamese National Technical Regulations. The circular provides a comprehensive list of ICT product categories and the applicable standards and HS codes for each category. While most Vietnamese ICT standards are based on international standards, the MIC specifies the permitted operation frequencies and transmit power levels.
Two groups of products require ICT approval: those subject to certification and those subject to “Declaration of Conformity.” VIS can assist you in obtaining ICT approval in the shortest possible time by leveraging our designated EMC laboratories, our expertise, and our established relationships with local designated laboratories and certification bodies.
Products subject to certifcation and ‘Declaration of Conformity’:
– Cordless telephones (DECT)
– Land mobile communication terminal equipment (GSM, W-CDMA FDD, E-UTRA FDD, 5G)
– Radio transmitters and transceivers in fixed and land mobile radio communication services with an output power of 60 mW or more (various categories)
– Radio transmitters and transceivers used in television and sound broadcasting services with an output power of 60 mW or more
– Radar equipment with an output power of 60 mW or more
– Super high frequency digital transmission equipment (1.4-55 GHz) with an output power of 60 mW or more
– Short-range radio transmitters and transceivers, excluding equipment using spread spectrum modulation operating in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands (e.g. Wi-Fi or Bluetooth devices) with EIRP less than 60 mW
Products subject to ‘Declaration of Conformity’:
– Desktop computers, laptops and portable computers
– Set top boxes for satellite TV network, digital cable TV network, IPTV television network or digital terrestrial DVB-T2 network
– DVB-T2 (iDTV) integrated televisions
– Amplifers used in television cable distribution network
– Cordless telephones (subscriber extensions type)
– Radio transmitters and transceivers with an output power of 60 mW or more and not subject to certifcation
– Lithium batteries used for notebook, mobile phone, tablet
The below regulations on ICT Marks was Issued together with the Circular No. 30/2011/TT-BTTTT dated October 31st 2011 of the Ministry of Information and Communications
1. Mark of Conformity of MIC Vietnam for Radio, Telecom, SRDs devices (ICT Mark) applicable for product subjected to both mandatory Type approval certification and Declaration of Conformity certification
(ICT Mark applicable for product listed on Appendix 1 of the Circular 42/2016/TT-BTTTT)
1.1 Shape of ICT Mark:
1.2 Contents of ICT Mark:– ICT: Abrreviated name in English of Information and Communications Technology.
– CODE: Management code given by the Vietnam Telecommunications Authority (VNTA).
– NAME: The management information registered to VNTA by organization and individual
If you want to know more about ICT mark,please feel free to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us +84 24 3207 9388 (office), mobile +84 904 732 806 (available on Whatsapp)