Printing and packaging play a crucial role in product delivery, and maintaining high-quality standards is vital for product safety, brand reputation, and customer satisfaction. Issues like poor printing quality, defective packaging materials, color inconsistencies, and misalignment can result in product damage, loss, rejection, or recalls. This is why strict regulations and standards, such as the EU Food Contact Materials Regulation, US FDA requirements, and ISO 9001 Quality Management System, are in place across different markets.
Inspection service for Printing and Packaging Industry
Our quality control service covers various printing and packaging products, such as labels, cartons, flexible packaging, corrugated boxes, paper bags, books, magazines, flyers, brochures, etc. We can help you verify the quality of your printing and packaging products according to your specifications, reference samples, and acceptable quality limits (AQL). Our quality inspection services:
- Pre-production inspection
- During production inspection
- Pre-shipment inspection
- 100% inspection
- Loading supervision
Testing Standards for Printing and Packaging Products
You need to comply with different testing standards and regulations depending on where you want to sell your printing and packaging products. Here are some of the major testing standards:
- ISO 189: This standard covers specifications for paper and board used for printing and packaging. It includes requirements for properties such as basis weight, thickness, smoothness, opacity, and color.
- ISO 283: This standard provides methods for determining the ink absorption properties of paper and board used for printing and packaging. It helps assess the ink holdout and print quality on different substrates.
- ISO 3781: This standard specifies the requirements and test methods for the determination of ink rub resistance of printed materials. It assesses the resistance of the printed surface to rubbing or scuffing.
- ISO 5636: This standard outlines methods for determining the physical properties of paper and board, including tensile strength, tear resistance, bursting strength, and folding endurance.
- ASTM D5276: This standard covers the test methods for evaluating the peel adhesion strength of pressure-sensitive tapes, labels, and adhesive films applied to various surfaces, including packaging materials.
- ASTM D4169: This standard provides procedures for testing the performance of shipping containers and systems. It includes various tests to evaluate the packaging’s ability to withstand transportation hazards, such as vibration, impact, compression, and atmospheric conditions.
- ISTA (International Safe Transit Association) Standards: ISTA provides a series of performance testing standards for packaged products. These standards assess the ability of packaging to withstand transportation and handling hazards, such as drop tests, vibration tests, compression tests, and environmental testing.
- EN 71: This European standard specifies safety requirements for toys, including packaging materials. It ensures that packaging for toys meets certain safety criteria, such as limits on heavy metals and choking hazards.
Product We Cover
Printing & packaging
- Paper bags
- Jewelry pouch
- Plastic boxes and lids
- Protection case for small electronics
- A4 paper
- Packing and packaging carton
- Glasses case
- Stackable Jewelry box
- Aluminium Case
- Rubber recycle bucket
- Folding boxes
- Product display envelopes
- Toner cartridges
- Pencil case
- Magnificat book cover
- Writing case
- Organizer portfolio
- Adjustment writing board
Why choose VIS for Quality Inspections?
When it comes to ensuring the excellence of your printing and packaging, having a reliable quality control partner is essential. At VIS, we provide comprehensive and customized solutions tailored to your needs. Our expertise can help you achieve high-quality, functional, and compliant printing and packaging that meet the relevant regulations and standards. Contact us for more information!